We have been long-time residents of Williamsburg and over the years, we’ve compiled a list of tried & true favorites with some local flavor. (W-burg residents, stay tuned for another story to come soon with recommendations for other things such as shoemakers, tailors, health practitioners, & where to work out.)
Restaurants & Cafes
- Bakeri – Authentic, Norwegian-owned cafe with adorably cozy vibes & tasty treats. Two locations.
- Gimme! – Great cup o’ joe, these baristas take their coffee very seriously. Roasted in upstate New York. Wifi.
- Toby’s Estate – Australian coffee shop with good coffee and even better people watching. Wifi.
- Devocion – Colombian farm-to-table coffee roaster, gorgeous space with giant living wall and natural light. Wifi.
- Sweetwater – Our favorite local hang. French-American bistro. You can’t go wrong – and their garden rocks.
- Marlow & Sons – This is Malin’s favorite restaurant in New York. New American, seasonal, local menu. Delish! (Their sister restaurant, Diner, and butcher shop, Marlow & Daughters, are also located on the same block)
- House of Small Wonder – Japanese cafe – great lunch spot, you will undoubtedly enjoy the treehouse-vibe.
- Beco Bar – Brazilian food & drinks – caipirinhas! Need we say more?
- Okonomi – Japanese home-cooking & ramen. YUM!
- Samurai Mama – Japanese tavern & udon. Cozy & delicious.
- Dokebi – Korean BBQ & tacos! Grill your own food at the table. Fun!
- Cafe Colette – New American with many international influences. Classic for a coffee, cocktails, dinner or brunch.
- Cafe Mogador – Delectable Moroccan-inspired cuisine, cool greenhouse garden – good vibes all around.
- Bar Omar – Algerian-French Soulfood
- Shalom Japan – Japanese-Jewish melange. The food is SOOO GOOOD. And the drinks are great too. SAKE!
- Reynard – By the creators of Marlow (mentioned above), this spot is located in the Wythe hotel, which means they are open early for breakfast! So if you like to brunch before 11am, this place is for you.
- Five Leaves – Also open early for breakfast, the food here is good no matter what time of day. New American.
- Semilla – Started by two very talented friends of ours, this 18-seat gem is a very unique, delicious & inspiring dining experience. Dinner only. Reservation required.
- St. Mazie – Super cozy bar with supper club downstairs, fun live music, & garden out back – this is one of our favorite evening hangouts.
- Hotel Delmano – Intimate, speakeasy-style cocktail bar – a Williamsburg classic!
- Troost – Cozy bar in Greenpoint with beautiful garden.
- Iona – Williamsburg’s original beer garden. Go here to watch your favorite sports match or for a game of ping-pong out back.
- Union Pool – Dive bar, music venue, taco truck = Williamsburg’s happy place.
- Larry Lawrence – Hidden bar, like a secret clubhouse. Great date stop, post dinner.
- Barcade – Bar & arcade with a focus on classic video arcade games (and beer).
- Spoonbill & Sugartown – Local bookstore, new & used, located in the Mini Minimall on Bedford Avenue
- Amarcord – Vintage shop on Bedford Avenue
- Le Grand Strip – French-owned vintage shop on Grand Street
- Bird – Men’s & Women’s contemporary designer fashion: Comme des Garçons, Acne, Isabel Marant, etc.
- Catbird – Brooklyn-made fine jewelry boutique – a Williamsburg shopping destination, for sure.
- Norbu Bijoux – Generous array of gorgeous jewelry
- Loren – Hand-crafted denim & repairs
- Electric Feathers – unique, contemporary designs
- Species by the Thousands – Jewelry & apothecary
- Sprout Home – GORGEOUS garden design shop, offering potted pants, cut flowers, & more, including all sorts of design services. Great for gifts or just getting inspired!
Additional Brooklyn-Based Brands We Love (available online)
- Waterfront – Follow North 6th down to the water and you’ll get a spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline. From there, you can take the East River Ferry to other parts of Brooklyn as well as Manhattan. There’s a pier you can walk along and a park two blocks north.
- Smorgasburg – In the aforementioned park by the water, you will find a weekly Saturday local food fest. Definitely worth the lines, but try to get there early as it gets crazy midday.
- Artists & Fleas – Indoor, weekend art, designer & vintage market. This is where Malin Landaeus got her start!
- Williamsburg Music Hall – A great music venue, part of the Bowery Presents group. Artists big & small.